The EC Proof online liquor store features the best gin selection in Singapore, consisting of luxurious and delicious imported gin brands from all over the world. A fun fact about gin is that it was historically produced in Holland, but today most of the best bottles come from the United Kingdom. Of course, gin can be produced anywhere in the world, but there are 13 gins with “geographical indications” on the market currently, and they are all protected under the WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights.
The best example of this is the Plymouth gin, which is made in Plymouth, England in 1793.
Gins usually contain a minimum of 40 percent ABV, and they are one step away from staying a neutral spirit like vodka, but thankfully the furthered distillation infused with botanicals (mostly juniper) happened. The redistillation process combined with an exclusive blend of botanicals and ingredients has turned gin into a category of its own. You can sense the mashing of flavors in the base of the spirit, and in the strong or smooth finish. That’s the reason why gins became immensely popular in the last couple of decades for cocktail aficionados.
Do you know that you can make more classic cocktails with gin than with any other spirit? We’re going to go into that a bit later in the article, but that’s how important gin is today on the liquor scene, and that’s why it’s a “must” for every home goods bar cart. Globally, nearly 60 million cases of gin are sold, and half of them are bought in the Philippines. The Philippines made their local gin Ginebra San Miguel, to account for 43 percent of the gin market in the world. They are true gin lovers!
The best gin brands we have in stock
In our store, and in our flat, we have approximately 30 exclusive gin brands on stock. You can order them online, or come to the tasting in the EC Proof flat. Here’s a list of every gin you can find in our collection.
- Citadelle Original Gin from Charente, France produced by Maison Ferrand
- Citadelle Reserve Gin from Charente, France produced by Maison Ferrand
- Citadelle Ext. No Mistake Old Tom from France with Caribbean influences
- St. George Botanivore Gin from Alameda, California, the United States
- St. George Terroir Gin from Alameda, California, the United States made from two distillates
- Brooklyn Gin from New York, the United States made according to the instructions of Emile Jättne and Joe Santos
- Paper Lantern Gin from Singapore
- Monkey 47 Gin from Durbach, Germany made in the Black Forest Distillery
- Four Pillars Rare Dry Gin from Australia
- Four Pillars Navy Strength Gin from Australia's Yarra Valley
- Four Pillars Spiced Negroni Gin developed with Jason from Sydney's The Rook Bar and Four Pillars distiller Cameron in Australia
- Four Pillars Bloody Shiraz Gin from Australia
- Sipsmith London Dry Gin from London, the United Kingdom
- Sipsmith V.J.O.P Gin “Very Junipery Over Proof” from London, the United Kingdom
- Fords Gin from London, the United Kingdom
- Kyrö Napue Gin from Finland
- Kyrö Koskue Barrel Aged Gin from Finland
- Farmer's Gin from New York, the United States made under the direction of master distiller John McLaughlin
- Death's Door Gin from Middleton, Wisconsin, the United States
- Ransom Dry Gin from Oregon, the United States
- Ransom Old Tom Gin from Oregon, the United States
- Rutte Dry Gin from Holland made according to the old notes of Simon Rutte
- Rutte Old Simon Genever from Holland made by Simon Rutte
- Rutte Celery Gin from Holland
- Nikka Coffey Gin from Japan produced by Nikka Whisky
- Hendrick's Gin from Scotland
- Luxardo Sour Cherry Gin from Italy
- Monkey 47 Schwarzwald Sloe Gin from Germany
- Sipsmith Sloe Gin from London, the United Kingdom
All the best gin cocktails you can stir up
You need the best gin to prepare the best gin cocktails, and from the above, you can see we have a wide selection for you to choose from. With gin you can make Negroni, Ramos Gin Fizz, Martinez, Gin Rickey, Red Snapper, Tom Collins, White Lady, Hanky Panky, Clover Club, Alexander, French 75, Gimlet, Vesper, Singapore Sling, Silver Bronx, Pegu Club, Bee’s Knees and Southside. That’s just the first page in the gin cocktail book!
Let’s not forget the old classic, the one everyone adores, and that’s gin and tonic. It was born in 19th century India when British officers mixed water, sugar, lime, and gin to make it more refreshing. Since then, this simple, yet delicious cocktail has captured the hearts of many.
The best premium gin labels
The most premium gin label we have in our store is the Nikka Coffey Gin. It’s made in Japan by Nikka Whisky with 11 selected botanicals in the Coffey distillates. The gin features a very refreshing and zesty aroma because in the base you can sense four kinds of Japanese citrus, Yuzu, Kabosu, Amanatsu, and Shequasar. Furthermore, the body of the spirit has hints of juniper berries, angelica, coriander seeds, lemon and orange peels.
Another gin from our collection that you must try is the Ransom Old Tom Gin. It’s made in the USA, by the Ransom distillery. The recipe for this gin was created in collaboration with spirits historian David Wondrich. Every bottle is filled with a gin that has rested in wine barrels for three to six months. The Ransom Old Tom Gin won the gold medal at the 2013 San Francisco World Spirits Competition and again the same year in the San Diego Spirits Festival.We’re finishing this gin expose, for the best gin available in EC Proof with Brooklyn Gin. It’s made in small batches, infused with fresh citrus peels and hand-cracked juniper. The Brooklyn Gin won the double gold medal at the 2015/2016 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, and another one at the 2015 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition and the 2015 Craft Competition. This gin was awarded 91 points at the Ultimate Spirits Challenge in 2015.
What type of gin do we sell?
We sell all types of gin Singapore’s most loved brands offer. The best gin selection in Singapore presents the world’s most famous and appreciated gin brands with the following gin types:
- Christmas Gin
- Modern Gin
- London Dry Gin
- Aged Gin
- Sour Cherry Gin
- Celery Gin
- Sloe Gin
When do items get delivered?
Items are delivered the same day the order was placed or throughout the next day, except weekends. If the order is placed before 2 pm the item will be delivered the same day. Orders placed after 2 pm are delivered the next working day from 12 pm to 8 pm.
Do you Deliver to all of Singapore?
Yes, we do! If you wondered where to buy gin in Singapore that will be delivered right to your door EC Proof is the answer. Our fast and convenient delivery will reach out to customers anywhere in Singapore’s territory. You can have your favorite bottle of gin delivered straight to your home today, or tomorrow at the latest.
Is Delivery Free?
Singapore gin delivery is free for orders in the amount of $50 or above. Your alcohol order, containing one or more bottles exceeding the amount of $50, will be delivered free of charge everywhere in Singapore. Orders below $50 are delivered at the most convenient delivery fee in Singapore.
What time does delivery occur?
Delivery occurs every working day between 12 pm and 8 pm. If the order is placed before 2 pm the item will be delivered to you the same day. If you want to buy gin, Singapore’s fastest delivery will bring your bottle in the next few hours.