There are five essential steps to making good quality whisky. The sugar from the barley has to be extracted in order to be fermented, and this phase is called malting. The grain is soaked in warm water for two to three days, and then it’s left to dry out. When this is done, the mashing begins, where water of the highest quality available is used to process the barley.
The fermentation process starts when the yeast is added. Usually, the process lasts for 48 hours, but some distilleries tend to leave it longer because that way, specific flavours are developed in the end product. In Scotland for example, the spirit is distilled at least twice to achieve premium taste, while in Ireland, it’s three times. It all depends on the recipe used by the brewing master.
The last step, and most of the time, the most important one, is maturation. The spirit mellows in oak casks for an extended period of time. For example, in Scotland, it has to mature for a minimum of three years before it is legally allowed to be called whisky.
Imported whisky in Singapore
Our philosophy is to give our customers as many choices as possible, and most of the time, that means we have to import them from different corners of the world. This way, you have a chance to try out as many whiskies in Singapore as you would if you lived in the United Kingdom (as the motherland of whisky.) There are five major classifications of this very highly regarded spirit, and those are Irish whisky, Scotch whisky, Bourbon, Canadian whisky and American whisky. You can find an example from almost all categories in the section below.
If you want to buy whisky in Singapore made in Ireland or the United States, EC Proof is the ideal store for that!
The labels we sell at our whisky shop in Singapore
You are going to be amazed at the extensive assortment we have to offer at our whisky shop in Singapore. We also feature scotch and Irish whiskey, so for a better overview, we’re going to sort the spirits according to their place of origin.
- Michter's US*1 Sour Mash Whiskey
- Michter's US*1 Small Batch Bourbon
- Michter's US*1 Sgl Barrel Straight Rye
- Michter's US*1 American Whiskey
- St. George Single Malt Whiskey
- High West Double Rye
- High West American Prairie Bourbon
- High West Campfire
- High West Rendezvous Rye
- Willett 3 Yr Single Barrel Cask Rye
- Willett Pot Still Reserve Bourbon
- Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon
- Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
- Jefferson's Standard Bourbon
- Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon
- Jefferson's Ocean Bourbon
- Ezra Brooks Single Barrel Bourbon
- Rowan's Creek Bourbon
- Noah's Mill
- Johnny Drum Private Stock Bourbon
- Blanton's Original
- Blanton's Reserve
- Blanton's Gold Edition
- Rebel Yell Small Batch Rye
- Rebel Yell Small Batch Reserve Bourbon
- Rebel Yell Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Rebel Yell 10 Year Bourbon
- Willett 6 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye
- Willett 7 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye
- Willett 8 Year Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye
- Willett XCF 7 Year Cask Strength Rye
- Boutique-y Whisky: Ardbeg 12 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Auchentoshan 24 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Bowmore 15 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Clynelish 24 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Laphroaig 13 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Port Charlotte 13 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Springbank 21 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Tomatin 16 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Macallan 29 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Ledaig 19 Year
- Boutique-y Whisky: Invergordon 44 Year
- St. George Single Malt Whiskey
- High West Campfire
- Monkey Shoulder Triple Malt Scotch
- Compass Box Asyla Blended Scotch
- Compass Box Enlightenment
- Compass Box Hedonism Blended Scotch
- Compass Box Oak Cross Blended Scotch
- Compass Box Orangeries
- Compass Box The Lost Blend Scotch
- Compass Box The Peat Monster Scotch
- Compass Box The Spice Tree Blended Scotch
- Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend Scotch
- Compass Box Great King St. Artist's Blended Scotch
- Old Malt Blair Athol 1995 20 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Old Malt Bunnahabhain 1989 26 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Old Malt Craigellachie 1995 20 Year Single Malt Scotch
- Old Pulteney 12 Year
- Old Pulteney 17 Year
- Old Pulteney 21 Year
- Connemara Peated Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- Green Spot Leoville Barton Irish Whiskey
- Green Spot Single Pot Still Whiskey
- Ransom The Emerald 1865 Whiskey
- Redbreast 12 Year Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Redbreast 15 Year Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Redbreast 21 Year Pot Still Irish Whiskey
- Redbreast Lustau Edition Single Pot Still
- Teeling Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey
- Yellow Spot Single Pot Still
Japan and Taiwan:
- Kavalan Ex-Bourbon Oak
- Kavalan Sherry Cask, Solist
- Kavalan Single Malt, Ex-Sherry Oak
- Nikka Coffey Grain Whisky
- Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky
- Nikka Taketsuru 12 Year Pure Malt Whisky
- Nikka Taketsuru 17 Year Pure Malt Whisky
- Nikka Taketsuru Pure Malt Whisky
- Nikka Whisky From The Barrel
As you can witness yourself, we’re experts when it comes to whisky. In our store, we feature over 80 different bottles. The EC Proof is like a candy store, but for whisky lovers.
Buy whisky online in Singapore
If you’re looking to buy whisky online in Singapore, then you came to the right place. We have something for everyone’s taste and budget. In our selection, you can find high-quality malts for any price range. Furthermore, it would be nice if you had a glass of a good whiskey for let’s say the 29th of August, the National Whisky Sour Day. If you want to buy whisky in Singapore, we’re one of the best options, because of the vast assortment, and because of our delivery policy. The primary goal is always to keep our whisky fans happy!
What type of whisky do we sell?
EC Proof’s whisky shop, Singapore’s widest collection sells Scotch, American, Irish and world-renowned whisky brands. Our best Singapore whisky collection offers the following whisky types:
- American whisky
- Bourbon whisky
- Rye whisky
- Malt whisky
- Irish whisky
- Aged whisky
When do items get delivered?
Items are delivered every day from Monday to Friday from 12pm to 8 pm. If you buy whisky before 2 pm it will be delivered the same day. If you place an order after 2 pm your alcohol will be delivered the next working day. If you choose EC Proof for your online purchase of whisky, Singapore fastest delivery is at your service.
Do you Deliver to all of Singapore?
Yes, we do! EC Proof online store delivers through all Singapore. If you want to buy whisky online, Singapore’s most convenient alcohol delivery is offered at EC Proof. Choose your preferred bottle and expect your whisky to be delivered in the shortest time frame everywhere in Singapore.
Is Delivery Free?
EC Proof offers free whisky delivery Singapore wide for orders in the amount of $50 or above. If you want to buy whisky online, Singapore’s lowest delivery fee is offered to EC Proof’s customers purchasing alcohol below the cost of $50 anywhere thought the country.
What time does delivery occur?
EC Proof alcohol delivery occurs from 12 pm to 8 pm every day except weekends. If you want to buy whisky, Singapore wide and get it delivered the same day you need to place your order before 2 pm. If you place an order after 2 pm the delivery occurs the next working day.